Macros-Friendly Bread Pudding!
This week’s “tip of the week” is a contribution by Avenger Fitness client and avid macros client Tray (follow Tray in Instagram). In wanting to “have his cake and eat it too,” Tray cleverly modified a traditional bread pudding recipe from The Pioneer Woman to create a tasty AND healthy recipe with a fraction of the macros!
The directions are super simple:
1. Cube bread and set aside.
2. Beat together eggs, butter, vanilla, and milk.
3. Add sugar and mix until fully dissolved.
4. Layer bread cubes in baking dish and top with liquid mixture. Make sure all bread pieces are fully saturated.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 55-70 minutes until the top layer of the bread is golden brown. Let it fully cool in the refrigerator for several hours so it thickens a bit.
Below are the macros per serving (serving size = 100 grams)